[KAT5] Component Video

Further to the discussions about unequal cable lengths, I'm helping a
relative to buy a home cinema system including a projector (in the land of
the blind, the one-eyed man is King!).

Is a 10m component lead from the AV Amp to the projector going to have any
such problems (even if I buy a pre-terminated component lead)?  The other
alternative (apart from Kat5 over Cat5) would be an HDMI/DVI lead (although
this then means that I can't use the AV Amp for video switching - a minor
irritation since I'm trying to make user control of the system dead
simple).  Although if I don't do video switching on the AV Amp then I can
get a cheaper Amp (and cheaper DVD player), so maybe I could spend on some
kind of snazzy remote.  The other source in the system will be a Sky+ box.

Any hints and tips (not just about the amp-projector signal) would be
gratefully received.

Peter.