[KAT5] Re: Newbie overload!

  • Subject: [KAT5] Re: Newbie overload!
  • From: "dcmichael" <dcmichael@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 04:22:53 -0000

> Out of interest can I ask how you found out about KAT5 please.

I read about kat5 on usenet, and it only took a bit of googling to
get to find this group.

> Describe what you want to do and we will try and help.

As I said before, I'm building a 4 level townhouse, and want to get
the wiring done before the drywall goes up.

I'm thinking I will have all HDTV sets in a few years, but in the
meantime I will use coax for doing what we call a "home run",
which
I think equates to your "node 0" terminology.  I have some great
IR
extenders which works over coax which I've used before.

Ideally, what I would like would be the "Holy Grail" that you
show
in HomeAVdsit.jpg in the files section, which allows me to have all
AV units centrally located, and have some switching unit that allows
each location to decide their input.  Looks like something like that
would be kind of pricey.

Check out this URL

http://www.smarthome.com/7699.HTML

This looks like it will send AV over ca5 (including IR) up to 8
recievers, but it is also a bit pricey.

I guess what I'm looking for is a one to many balun distribution
system, which probably does not exist at this moment.

Searchable KAT5 archive can be found at
http://www.ukha-archive.com/