RE: [KAT5] Newbie overload!

  • Subject: RE: [KAT5] Newbie overload!
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 10:42:31 -0000

Mike,

I never have enough Cat5! I took all the advice when I re-wired my house
several years ago and put in approx 200 runs of Cat5 around the house. I
ended up moving a lot of my AV kit to a new room and the 6 cat5 runs to
that point quickly got swallowed up (Ethernet, Kat5 RGB, Kat5 S-video,
Serial x 3 for plasma, DVD and Amp control etc).

If you've got the chance, always put significantly more in than you need -
it doesn't need to be terminated at a face plate, just available in the
future. The extra effort and cost of the cable is miniscule anyway :)

Paul.

How
> > many of you wish you had an "extra" cat 5 cable and
why?

> Install as much of cat5 cable as you can..... As well as using cat5
for
> KAT5
> i use  the structured cat5 wiring system for my infrared system ,
Probe
> Status system and other ha stuff .....
>
> Frank

send lots of
> > other stuff over Cat5, I ordered a bunch of "2x2"
wiring from every
> > room in the house, leading to a central location (my garage).
> >
> > The 2x2 bundle consists of 2 coax cables, and 2 cat 5 cables.
> >
> > I've been trying to read up and figure out the "best"
setup for my