RE: [KAT5] IR Upgrade

>> xantech have a Plasma friendly receiver but  i think its
>> about 300 quid ..which is a tad expensive..

jesus!

> Xantech do plasma friendly IR receivers for about £70...
>
> ...or at least they do at this dealers that I know.

Is that the 10726 thingy?

I've been talking to Frank about this off list, but maybe you can add some
valuable insight.

What I have is linn knekt serving various zones.
For each source to knekt, there is a stick on emitter to control it.
This is zoned, so the keypad in the kitchen controlling the radio in node0
only sends IR to the radio, not to all the devices.

I ALSO have some powermids for places not knekt'ed up, which blast IR at
the same set of kit.

This all works well enough...except for the TiVo which does not like
powermids, so TiVo is the only source in the lounge - everything else is
in node0.

problem: when I get all plasma'd up, there's no home for TiVo, so I will
need to move it to node0, and thus need hardwired IR - which means
ditching the powermids.

IDEALLY, I would like to use the one set of emitters that the knekt is
using to do the whole zoned IR bit when knekt is talking to the sources,
but from the other zones, since there is no way to choose which device I
want to control, I would want to blast IR out of all of the emitters.

This kind of may be possible with firm jr and/or some other kit of franks,
but I'm wondering if some "commercial" kit in the mix would be
appropriate
too.
I am a bit short on cat5 ports, so will for one zone at least, be using
KAT5 units with the IR upgrade, so that's another factor - the kit has to
be KAT5 compatible.

Any thoughts, oh great one?

Oh, and on the plasma front - do they tend to buzz a lot?  In John Lewis
the other day, I could hear a high pitched buzz off a number of them....

cheers,

Tony