RE: [KAT5] IR Upgrade

For what it's worth (and I've not been following this thread in detail):

I've got a standard IR receiver built into an audio controller keypad
right=
next to my plasma (Panasonic 50" 5 series). Never once had a problem
with =
interference from any of the standard remotes or Pronto etc.

On the buzzing plasma front - mine has 3-4 fans which make a very small
amo=
unt of noise but I never notice it. No other 'buzzing' apart from that.

Paul.

som=
> valuable insight.
>=20
> What I have is linn knekt serving various zones.
> For each source to knekt, there is a stick on emitter to control it.
> This is zoned, so the keypad in the kitchen controlling the radio in
node=
0
> only sends IR to the radio, not to all the devices.
>=20
> I ALSO have some powermids for places not knekt'ed up, which blast IR
at
> the same set of kit.
>=20
> This all works well enough...except for the TiVo which does not like
> powermids, so TiVo is the only source in the lounge - everything else
is
> in node0.
>=20
> problem: when I get all plasma'd up, there's no home for TiVo, so I
will
> need to move it to node0, and thus need hardwired IR - which means
> ditching the powermids.
>=20
> IDEALLY, I would like to use the one set of emitters that the knekt is
> using to do the whole zoned IR bit when knekt is talking to the
sources,
> but from the other zones, since there is no way to choose which device
> want to control, I would want to blast IR out of all of the emitters.
>=20
> This kind of may be possible with firm jr and/or some other kit of
franks=
,
> but I'm wondering if some "commercial" kit in the mix would
be appropriat=
> too.
> I am a bit short on cat5 ports, so will for one zone at least, be
using
> KAT5 units with the IR upgrade, so that's another factor - the kit has
> be KAT5 compatible.
>=20
> Any thoughts, oh great one?
>=20
> Oh, and on the plasma front - do they tend to buzz a lot?  In John
Lewis