kat5 / tv / bathroom?

  • Subject: kat5 / tv / bathroom?
  • From: gyre
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 14:32:00 +0000

I realise this is an odd topic... but I've got a thorny problem that I
think
kat5 might solve.

I've got an exercise bike in the bathroom, and am getting very bored
watching a
blank wall.

I have a small portable lcd tv. The TV reception in my area is too poor to
watch the TV off the internal aerial. Also, 5 channels is mondo boring
compared
to a fully-paid up sky digibox and a tivo :)

So... I thought of trying to get a better signal over to the TV.

I did think about trying to generate UHF from the next room that the TV
could
pick up directly, but a friend said that I might fall foul of the home
office
transission regulations, as well as pissing off the neighbours. In
addition,
I've not seen any short-range UHF transmitters available.

I could try a video sender... and connect the TV to a receiver running off
batteries or a transformer outside of the room with a long wire.

I could try using a kat5 receiver... and running it similarly from a long
length
of transformer wire, or possibly batteries. Or, is there a way of getting
power
from the cat5 wire?

I guess the ideal thing is a TV with a video sender built-in that runs by
pedal
power :) :)

I'm really open to suggestions.

Thanks!