Kat5

  • Subject: Kat5
  • From: Frank Mc Alinden
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 06:14:00 +0000

Hi All
Well its been 5 months since i received my set of Kat5 modules
and today i decided to finally try them out. Got Keiths destructions out
;-)) and the soldering iron , mounted and soldered the phono sockets
(requested my units without the scart) and also soldered the tx termination
resistors on board...Plugged the Tx unit into my dvd player in my bedroom
and connected the Rx unit into my Tv out in the Sunroom... jumpered some
cat5 ....Popped in a dvd started it up and rushed out to the Sunroom to
check it out .....Wow......excellent quality !!!!.....and im using
composite video...I believe S-VHS is even better....

Now i know why Paul Gale has over a dozen sets of these gems ;-))......

Keith nice product and i must add very affordable.....Good luck with the
switcher .....

OK Im off now to watch the rest of the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over"
dvd....

Frank