How am I using CAT5 modules...

  • Subject: How am I using CAT5 modules...
  • From: mark_harrison_uk2
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:57:00 +0000

I have had three uses. As I move the house around, they change, since
I only have two pairs of modules :-)

1: BabyCam

Purpose: Monitor of the sleeping baby

Video only. Composite video camera feed from one of the "colour in
good light, LEDs so monochrome in poor light" trained at the cot...
displaying in TV in bedroom.

2: Rear speakers

Purpose: To prevent long trailing speaker wire round the room.

Two-channel audio only. Rear-channels out of processor, into KAT5 TX,
into wall, out wall at back of room, into KAT5 RX, into power amp,
into speakers.

3: Dressing room zone extension

Purpose: Make sure that the dressing room and the master bedroom play
the same music.

Two-channel audio only. KAT5 TX plugged into "preamp out" of
master
bedroom system. Into amp/speakers in the dressing room. Amp is on an
X-10 appliance module, and comes on automatically when a PIR detects
movement in the dressing room, and off a minute after it stops
detecting movement (unless it re-detects in the meantime, if you see
what I mean.)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark