RE: RGB switch (was Custom Kat5-RGB modules)

  • Subject: RE: RGB switch (was Custom Kat5-RGB modules)
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 10:16:00 +0000

Hi Rob

Still working on the switcher. Last night I completed the display driver
board and am currently being hypnotised by a pretty test pattern I am
running on it :-)

Dont know when it will be available or exactly how much yet but it is being
designed in a modular format so an RGB switching facility should be
possible
as well.

Most of the bits of the switcher have now been prototyped on veroboard and
tested individually. I also have chunks of software that control various
bits of hardware. I now have to "glue" them together and get the
software
doing its stuff. Once I am basically happy with that I will make the
prototype PCB's which after a short testing period should result in the
switcher being available.

It is quite possible (almost certain) that initially there will be a few
little software bugs to iron out so I will be getting some KAT5 users to
Beta-Test pre-release versions to try and break it. (Hopefully not in a
physical sense but in a reproducable way that will enable me to find the
bugs).

As always, the biggest enemy is lack of time. I would love to spend all
day,
everyday, working on it but I dont think my family or my boss would be
overly impressed by that!!

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv