General Q''s

  • Subject: General Q''s
  • From: deanxsewell
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 10:30:00 +0000

Hi all,

I'm just about to commence terminating my CAT5 cables, and would
like any advice re using 568A or B. Can anybody recommend one or
the other? Is there a UK standard?

Does anybody know if multiple IR inputs can be connected to a single
KAT5 IR unit. I would like ot use the KAT5 units to transmit from
my main source to a wiring closet, and then take the audio out to an
amp and distribute via speaker cable to a number of rooms. I plan
to add volume controls in each room (probably just simple impedance
matched pots e.g. QED sys 45), but I would also like to add IR to
these rooms too. There are three rooms that I can easily cable from
the central location, so I will run three pairs of speaker and a
cable for IR to each room. Will I be able to connect all three IR
sensors back to the KAT5? I would also like to run cable for TV's
from the single KAT5. Does anybody know if there will be
configuration issues with such a setup?

Kind regards

Dean