RE: Connecting KAT5 TX to source SCART

  • Subject: RE: Connecting KAT5 TX to source SCART
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 12:38:00 +0000

Hi Gyre,

You can get buffered (amplified) SCART splitters that can happily drive
several devices. You can also get cheap units that dont amplify. Using one
of these would result in a double termination that would give a dark
picture
but it is possible to remove the termination from the input of a KAT5 TX.

On earlier units there are two 75 ohm resistors mounted on the board that
need to be removed. On later units these are soldered onto the rear of the
SCART socket.

Hope that helps

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk