Connecting KAT5 TX to source SCART

  • Subject: Connecting KAT5 TX to source SCART
  • From: gyre
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 12:01:00 +0000

Hi folks.

I've just been looking at the instruction pages for KAT5. My intention is
to pipe s-video+audio signals across the house.

I just realised... I don't have a suitable spare SCART socket on the sky
digibox. All are in use.

Now, some cheap video senders have some sort of pass-through SCART
connectors that let the transmitter tap-in to the SCART signals, but
without
stealing a SCART socket.

I wondered if something is possible in combination with the KAT5 a/v
transmitter, without loss of quality on either device that hangs off the
modified SCART socket.

Thanks! :)

-- gyre --