[OT] Sound Pressure Level Meter

  • Subject: [OT] Sound Pressure Level Meter
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:58:00 +0000

Slightly OT I know, but with KAT5 being relevant to to AV, as are
SPL meter's, I figured I'd mention it. Mainly because I've been
hunting for a cheap one of these for ages. So maybe others are too!

Knowing that Tandy/RadioShack used to do an analogue one for
£20 or so, seeing Maplins offering a digital one for £50 kind of
turned me off. Came across a place in Germany I think (Conrad
Electronics IIRC) but got a tip about a place in the UK from the
HCC forums.

Anyway, if you're after a cheap meter, try:

It's listed on the front page. £25 inc p&amp;p. This takes you directly
there:

id=884

I ordered it on Saturday and the chap phoned me on Monday to
check my CC details, I guess because I was wanting it delivered to
my work address. Promptly arrived the next day. I think he's had a
few orders after the tip appeared on the forums!

HTH someone,

Stuart

--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

<a
href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=4eugvXSrSWUIrpBdVPxC83e-z7oaWxSIC-SAPfJgumxHkNqfP_7gnpLDQkPYKpA-ed3mRxqL3k4V9BL_yY9R">stuart@s...</a>
ICQ#: 4515603