Re: Digest Number 70

  • Subject: Re: Digest Number 70
  • From: simon still
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:26:00 +0000

>You WILL eventually get screen burn but it depends on how static and
>prolonged the image is, how sharp the outline is, and how hard the guns
are
>driven.

Most of the screens around the BBC have DOG shadows burnt into them but
they
are probably on continously. This includes the big 40" plasmas and the
18"
(?) 4:3 flatscreeens in the reception of tv centre (as well as lots of old
CRT sets, some of which have Teletext burns). I'm not sure what the
18"'s
are - they're probably small plasmas rather than lcd's as they've been
there
a few years.

The BBC dogs are all reduced brightness except News 24 on the basis that
it's rolling news and not intended to be watched for long periods.

Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: <a href="http://mobile.msn.com";>http://mobile.msn.com</a>