RE: SKY is no longer the limit

  • Subject: RE: SKY is no longer the limit
  • From: BUTLER, Tony, FM
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 08:41:00 +0000

My god - I was right - it is because of the resistor!
As I said, it's not a problem per-se, I just like to understand why these
things r happening.
If I never switched to the terrestrial TV or un-KAT'ed SKY channels, I'd
never know there was a 'problem'.

Switchable termination is presumably to allow you to switch between RX's
and
RXU's?
Will you have the termination whatever way around I need it, or is that
likely to cause problems for other users?

Also, presumably I have put the terminator in the SCART lead rather than in
the KAT5 unit in case I blow the crap out of the unit? I would prefer it in
the unit so I don't have to worry about special leads, so if you don't
mind,
if I'm gonna butcher the unit to remove the internal terminator, I may as
well move the termination that works inside the unit?

cheers,

Tony

href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=9ZdjYHnIBqBFFHvaJi27ntCS4OB0UCjL1oeoBqcruah-tkF2SVOyoByAvICNTFY31YXmRPcjjuRsOprp">kat5users@d...</a>]
href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=noxLwYIAX8gvcGCau2MTbbMfNca2_OR3UE0s5CJp21-xFo8H-6lIjaGbNRwvCfN4P1--BQJvQbnqbV9N3y-H4GmLSks">kat5-users@xxxxxxx</a>