RE: SCART Socket Question

  • Subject: RE: SCART Socket Question
  • From: BUTLER, Tony, FM
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 08:55:00 +0000

A SCART socket is just a dodgy connector that the Europeans dreamed up.
It's a pain in the ass because the plugs can fall out so easily :(
Check out <a href="http://www.sesworld.com/info/scart.html";>http://www.sesworld.com/info/scart.html</a>
for a brief rundown on it.

I wouldn't worry about it - just pay the extra and ask Keith for
Svideo/phono versious
Or move to the UK and join the SCART party :-)

Oh and yes, you can get adapters where you can convert SCART to S-Video,
but
then you have the SCART plug falling out of the SCART socket and the
S-Video
lead falling out of the back of the SCART plug :[

HTH,

Tony

href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=WtDvXqD8VPECRLL2_gzfsDW8gAZsFmMxbWKN7FP7vZeYOvzqbyrvKuS6W0UkA5-h70ar0ntZmg">GaryMull@a...</a>