RE: KAT5 Website Updated

  • Subject: RE: KAT5 Website Updated
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:02:00 +0000

You should be OK unless you leave Internet Explorer or similar on there and
forget to turn the projector off, but even then you would have to do that a
lot.

The 3 Seleco projectors in the Long Bar have been in use since 1990. They
are on for 11 or 12 hours per day EVERY day from Easter until the end of
October. They are getting past there best now but by my estimate they have
each done about 26000 hours !!!

Even the Barco's that got scrapped had done >12000 hours but the guns
were
also getting VERY dim. In your AV room with low level lighting and dim
pictures compared to Powerpoint you shouldnt have any real problems.

Keith