RE: KAT5 Website Updated

  • Subject: RE: KAT5 Website Updated
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:46:00 +0000

You WILL eventually get screen burn but it depends on how static and
prolonged the image is, how sharp the outline is, and how hard the guns are
driven.

I have scrapped 2 Barco projectors because BT's Piper logo was burnt into
the blue guns. People started complaining about a dirty yellow stain on
white web pages, I highlighted the outline and then compared it with the
blue part of the Piper. Exact match :-(

All Powerpoint presentation were built using a Corporate template where the
first and last slides were the Logo. Presenters would get the presentation
ready upto an hour before the visitors were due and then leave the last
slide up when they went off on a tour of the demo areas or went to lunch. I
used to keep turning the projector onto pause to protects it but I was only
in a position to catch it some of the time.

And befroe anyone says "ScreenSaver"..... Microsoft have made
powerpoint
override all screensaver settings. B******. Any other application was fine
because it would get replaced by the screensaver.

It also affects CRT tubes but not to the same extent as they arent driven
as
hard, but go the any amusement arcade and you will be able to read the high
scores at anytime on a machine over a couple of years old. Also applies to
PC monitors as well which is why the screensaver is so called.

Keith