Re: Digest Number 64

  • Subject: Re: Digest Number 64
  • From: simon.still@xxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:48:00 +0000

I'm the man with the Sony TV.

> Panasonic Sky box ---SCART--- Yamaha DSPA-3090 amp (svideo connection)
---
> Svideo ---- Philips 32" TV.
> I broke the connection between the sky box & the amp and
inserted the
TX/RX
> units there.
> The TV just blue screened, indicative of no signal present.
Or a signal out of the range that the reciever can handle - this is what i
was getting from the output of the TV or directly from my Nokia itvDigital
box.

As has been commented elsewhere the sky boxes only output RGB or composite
(and if switched to RGB, composite is usually avaialble anyway. This is a
bit of a weakness since i've been looking at AV amps recently and a lot
seem
to switch only S-Video signals

> Regarding modifying the units to alter the termination: It would need
> work for all sources, not just the Sky box as I want to use the amp to
> switch sources and take a feed from the amp to the Tx unit.

If Keith hasnt already got in touch he could modify just the lead from your
Sky box to the Amp rather than the Kat5 itself. That's what he did to mine.
Now that it is all up and running it's very impressive.

Simon