Re: Digest Number 64

  • Subject: Re: Digest Number 64
  • From: tefxp
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 23:25:00 +0000

> > The TV just blue screened, indicative of no signal present.
> Or a signal out of the range that the reciever can handle - this
is what i
> was getting from the output of the TV or directly from my Nokia
itvDigital
> box.

Ah, so you had the problem regardless of whether or not Kat5 was in
the loop.... this is not quite the same as me.....

> As has been commented elsewhere the sky boxes only output RGB or
composite
> (and if switched to RGB, composite is usually avaialble anyway.
This is a
> bit of a weakness since i've been looking at AV amps recently and
a lot seem
> to switch only S-Video signals

True, but as I have demonstrated by my lack of knowledge, composite
seems to travel quite happily thru svideo circuits - all my sources,
sky included are fed into svideo circuits on my amp, which then
feeds to the TV & there are no probs - until KAT5 enters the
equation.....

> If Keith hasnt already got in touch he could modify just the lead
from your
> Sky box to the Amp rather than the Kat5 itself. That's what he
did to mine.
> Now that it is all up and running it's very impressive.

That's a thought....
Keith - if u think this will work, then just tell me what to buy
from maplin & I'll do it. No point sending to u just to solder a
component in place.....

cheers,

Tony