RE: Interference?

  • Subject: RE: Interference?
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 22:13:00 +0000

Hi Rehan,

KAT5 is totally Analogue

During development I deliberately tried to introduce interference and
failed.

I ran a CAT5 cable down 4 floors with it strapped to a 3phase 240/415V
cable
that was carrying in excess of 200Amps. For the remainder of its run the
CAT5 was in able trays carrying a 6" diameter bundle of CAT5's that
were
carrying Ethernet, PBX, PSTN and ISDN. Total length of the cable run was
about 600 feet. No interference whatsoever.

Please note I am not advocating that you should install cable in such a
manner ;-)

I also did a demonstration to Mark McCall where I connected a portable CD
player to one end of the CAT5 cable. By listening to either wire of the
pair
at the distant end the CD was audible over the desired signal. The output
of
KAT5 was free from the CD signal.

I am not in a position to ship to the States just yet but do have global
aspirations ;-))

Keith