RE: Interference?

  • Subject: RE: Interference?
  • From: Phil Harris
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 21:29:00 +0000

Yes ... balanced line (which is how KAT5 works) rejects induced hum
completely.

Phil

href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=mxhkHV8GRL8ZVP27zaidEOWtZhyhYT_vF14bl_PVz62Y6ItwJuILNGSWud5WAEbwCxxVwk7q9W3tTURmc0g">rehankhwaja@y...</a>]
href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=pOefzKNZ8dMuziriAtkJvFfQt5OgF-jqfAGE2Zb3S_sGRlvKQUkZJrRkPp_dcLmpKB4w1_d7pAa_P1e30tjL-XMO1krc">kat5-users@xxxxxxx</a>
> Subject: [KAT5] Interference?
>

> Hi,
>
> I have a few questions.
>
> How does the interference of AC power lines for KAT5 compare with
> that of coax? Am I correct in thinking that the transmission is
> analog rather than digital? If so, does the fact that the wires are
> twisted pair help with interference from the AC?
>
> The background to this is that I'm planning to retrofit my house for
> audio and possibly video. I don't have a problem with the cost of
> coax but I've read that you have to be careful not to run them close
> to power lines or you pick up AC hum. I don't think that I'm going
> to be able to be very careful about where I run the cables, though,
> so I'm looking for a more robust solution. Is KAT5 it?
>
> BTW, I'm happy to see it "in production" - I remember
reading the

href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=KyukFsgHATWAfzcgzKdjXeefH6RVs0Aj2N8Nvvv-GpZi0dXr6oqe2-hLffJhHKKVahH8bI5uGUuChwnmQrQzN29w0nDZw1hPIz25">kat5-users-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</a>