Re: What is a X10 Power Line Interface Module?

On 4/12/2018 12:12 PM, Pat wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 08:01:43 -0700 (PDT), msaltarelli58@xxxxxxxxx
> wrote:
>
>> I hav this not plugged in i guess it's a old one. Just wondering if i can use it. It has 6 spaces on bottom
>> AC. AC. SYNC OUTPUT SIGNAL COMMON X10 DATA. ????
>
> It is a module that lets you safely interface a computer to the power
> line to control X-10 modules.  If you are using X-10 home control
> products and need a way for your computer to send X-10 commands, it is
> might be just what you need.  Note that you need software to format
> the data into the power line interface module.  It is old and was made
> long before there were USB devices to do the same thing in a much
> simpler way.  Depending on its age, the interface might be serial,
> some proprietary interface, or require a special cable that attaches
> to an old parallel port.

And it could be one way - for creating X10 signals on the powerline, or
2 way - capable of sending and receiving X10 signals.  I have the TW523
on my home control system, so I can generate commands using X10
transmitter keypads. and the control processor can output X10 commands
to various devices.