Re: What is a X10 Power Line Interface Module?

On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 08:01:43 -0700 (PDT), msaltarelli58@xxxxxxxxx
wrote:

>I hav this not plugged in i guess it's a old one. Just wondering if i can use it. It has 6 spaces on bottom
>AC. AC. SYNC OUTPUT SIGNAL COMMON X10 DATA. ????

It is a module that lets you safely interface a computer to the power
line to control X-10 modules.  If you are using X-10 home control
products and need a way for your computer to send X-10 commands, it is
might be just what you need.  Note that you need software to format
the data into the power line interface module.  It is old and was made
long before there were USB devices to do the same thing in a much
simpler way.  Depending on its age, the interface might be serial,
some proprietary interface, or require a special cable that attaches
to an old parallel port.