Re: Need replacement for model CP290 X10 home automation system standalone controller

On Sat, 10 Sep 2016 21:54:26 -0700 (PDT), Mike Bell
<dr.m.i.bell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 2:31:23 PM UTC-4, chbno...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> This equipment is trash, grow up
>
>I assume everyone realizes that this thread is more than four years old. We can only hope that the OP has solved his problem. My X10 system has been has been rock solid and growing since 1979, with only minor tweaks to correct problems caused by noise from switching power supplies and CFLs and signals lost to surge protectors. I retired my CP290 this year (in working order and kept as backup) in favor of a home-brew system running on a Raspberry Pi. I may be old-school, but I hate to see this technology not get the respect it deserves.

I started with X-10 about the same time as you and have gone through
the same issues.  I finally retired all my X-10 this year and now use
Wemo's with an Amazon Echo.  I now have two fairly large boxes of X-10
equipment - most of it still working.  I hate to see working
electronics in landfills.  There are many lamp modules, appliance
modules, wall switches of various types, RF interfaces, CP290's (2 of
them), a 1132U USB interface, maxi controllers, filters, and a XTB
repeater. Anyone interested?   (NE Ohio area)

Pat