Re: Need replacement for model CP290 X10 home automation system standalone controller

On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 2:31:23 PM UTC-4, chbno...@xxxxxxxxx wrot=
e:
> This equipment is trash, grow up

I assume everyone realizes that this thread is more than four years old. We=
 can only hope that the OP has solved his problem. My X10 system has been h=
as been rock solid and growing since 1979, with only minor tweaks to correc=
t problems caused by noise from switching power supplies and CFLs and signa=
ls lost to surge protectors. I retired my CP290 this year (in working order=
 and kept as backup) in favor of a home-brew system running on a Raspberry =
Pi. I may be old-school, but I hate to see this technology not get the resp=
ect it deserves.