Re: Automating Velux Venting Skylight?

We did this years ago with Velux venting skylights.  We had an IR wire inst=
alled in the rail at the bottom of the skylight which was run back to the "=
head end" and connected to an Applied Digital Ocelot (with SECU16-IR).  The=
 OMNIPRO II sends a message to the Ocelot with the desired command ("learne=
d" from the Velux remote) and the Ocelot, in turn, sends the command to the=
 skylight.

This allowed us to put X-10 transmitters on the wall, to which the OMNI res=
ponds.  This means not having to keep looking for the remotes (or feeding t=
hem with batteries).

Hope this helps
Donna

P.S.  This allowed us to automated 6 skylights for about $250, whereas the =
then-available Velux controls were about $700 / ea (almost as much as the s=
kylights).