Re: X10 Question

On 3/23/2015 7:32 PM, Don Wiss wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Mar 2015, Art Todesco <actodesco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I thought I'd again try to start some conversation here.
>
> Unfortunately the group died when Robert Bass died.
>
> Don. www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Too bad, there used to be lots of good information here. BTW, I have
converted several lamp modules to silent appliance modules; some using a
solid state relay (5A) and others using the triac (3A). They seem to
work really well.

My original problem with the PowerFlash module is temporarily solve.
Originally, the PF module was in the garage where it got its signal from
IR detector across the driveway. PIR units false trigger from everything
including wind, deer, bears and dogs. This unit has a source on one side
and a detector on the other. Anyway, when it triggers, it sends an X10
signal via the PF module, which is decoded by an 1132CU, as I said
previously. Now, I have the PF module in the basement with a temporary
wire from the garage to the basement. This works pretty good, but I do
want to make it more "permanent". I think a Volp repeater/coupler might
be in my future as I think the X10 unit I have now might have some
issues. I am in a pretty low noise environment where there are few
houses on pretty large lots. Noise in my house is usually made in my
house from things like the aforementioned LED flood light. BTW, I
returned them and ordered a different brand. I'm holing my breathe.