Re: diy squirrel shocker

On Monday, June 15, 2015 at 10:12:44 AM UTC-6, Noel Versten wrote:
> On Monday, June 15, 2015 at 11:09:55 AM UTC-5, Noel Versten wrote:
> > On Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 8:38:01 PM UTC-5, jaepa wrote:
> > > How do I build a squirrel shocker for my bird feeders?
> > >=20
> > > --=20
> > > posted via
> > > http://forums.cabling-design.com/homeautomation/diy-squirrel-shocker-=
21764-.htm=20
> > > using  Cabling-Design's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to
> > > comp.home.automation and other  telecom  groups
> >=20
> > Couldn't you hand the feeder from a PAIR of cables, one ground, one hot=
, close enough together that squirrel would contact both to climb down, but=
 kept seperate from eachother with non-conductive spacers?
> >=20
> > Or, make a pole that is an insulator sandwiched between two conductors.=
  I can envision a copper pipe, split lengthwise.  Attach each half to a "c=
ore" of wood or PVC sized so that the copper pieces wrap snugly but without=
 touching...
> >=20
> > (patent not pending)
>=20
> *Hang* not hand.  (where is the "edit post" button?)

We did basically that to keep our cat from jumping over a brick wall and le=
ave our courtyard.

6 wires closely spaced apart at the top of the wall alternating between gro=
und and hot....fed by a 6,500 volt cattle fence charger (the 500v version d=
idn't phase the cat).  the fence charger pulses every second...she got her =
head between 2 wires and ZAP, she flew off that wall and hasn't even glance=
d up at the top of the wall since.