Re: Testing 1 2 3 Anyone here for an x10 question?

"I've always wanted to get an XTB-IIR, however, it's always looked a bit=20
rich for me, even thought I've heard very good things about it. I had an=20
XPCR in my old house, which was a more urban location. The unit worked=20
poor at best. It sent all kinds of random X10 signals, apparently=20
triggered by line noise. I tried 2 units and finally gave up. Here, in a=20
very rural environment, it works well for the most part.  But, I have=20
seen some really weird, unexplainable problems. My question is, did you=20
get the kit or the fully assembled unit? Also, in the XTB-IIB=20
literature, it mentions that it might not play well with the 1132 due to=20
amplifying line noise."=20

I got the assembled unit. That way you know it WILL work. I only do simple =
PCBs.
 I have a 1132cu connected to my old XP Dell for Smart Home software. I don=
't seem to have any problems with the XTB-IIR. You should really direct XTB=
-IIR questions to Jeff Volp. I'm not qualified to answer your question. Jef=
f is a great guy and will help you out. BTW, don't forget to use X10 filter=
s on ALL wall warts, TV's, computers, printers, etc. or get 2 of Jeff Volps=
 filter units.  Ask me how I know...GRIN..  Regards...Jerry Albin