Re: seeking water leak sensor for alarm system

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 13:30:27 +0100, Rob <spam@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>On 22/09/2014 17:11, Don Wiss wrote:
>> I have a centralized alarm system with a Napco controller. I'd like to add
>> a water leak sensor to it. When I search for sensors I find stand alone
>> units with batteries. I don't want a battery. My controller supplies the
>> current. I don't want stand alone. I want the controller to sound the
>> alarm. Then I find units designed to work with a certain system. Often
>> wireless. I don't want wireless. The place where I want to monitor is in
>> the cellar, the same place as the controller.
>>
>> Are there any simple leak sensors I can hook up to my controller?

>I've designed and built my own here:
>http://www.dreamgreenhouse.com/projects/2014/rain/index.php

Interesting. But I'm looking to detect leaks from the hot water heater and
when the a/c coils freeze up and dump water onto the cellar floor.

The easy solution is to buy this popular stand alone one and extend the
controller up to the floor above: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JOK11K/