Re: Looking for product. 110 outlet plugin device that acts as a switch based on power or no power.

Thanks Art. =20
That makes sense, that would have been the simplest solution and so obvious=
 now that you pointed it out.

On Monday, October 13, 2014 5:36:16 AM UTC-7, Art Todesco wrote:
> On 10/13/2014 12:30 AM, Joseph Shook wrote:
>=20
> > So I went down this path.  I used one of my 4.5 wall wort 4.5 supplies =
and soldered in.  This does supply power without batteries but actually doe=
s not turn on the ghost with just presence of power.  I still need to close=
 the circuit with either the built in motion sensor(poor) or push the exter=
nal mountable button.  I am back to my original desire; wish there was a st=
andard 110 wall plugin relay switch.  Technically I there is probably a mor=
e correct definition (name) for that.
>=20
> >
>=20
> >
>=20
> > Now that I have cracked the case and brought out the solder, I might as=
 well solder in a solid state relay.
>=20
> >
>=20
> > Anyway thanks for the suggestions.
>=20
> >
>=20
> >
>=20
> > On Sunday, October 12, 2014 8:11:09 AM UTC-7, Pat wrote:
>=20
> >> On Sun, 12 Oct 2014 08:22:24 -0400, Pat <pat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>
>=20
>=20
> >>
>=20
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>>
>=20
> >>
>=20
>=20
> >>
>=20
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>>>>
>=20
> >>
>=20
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>>>>
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>>>>
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>>>>
>=20
> >>
>=20
 essentially a relay plugged into an outlet.  When there is power the conta=
cts are closed.  When there is not power the contacts are open.
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>>>>
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>>>>
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>>>>
>=20
> >>
>=20
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>>>>
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>>>>
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>>>>
>=20
> >>
>=20
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>>>>
>=20
> >>
>=20
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>>>
>=20
> >>
>=20
 so I have power access.  I then have a ghost that can be activated via a s=
witch.  So I want a product that can be plugged into the outlet.  When the =
light comes on the switch is closed, the ghost turns on.  I do not want to =
wire up 110 to a relay.  The only wiring I want to do it to the switch that=
 is exposed from the battery powered ghost.