Re: Looking for product. 110 outlet plugin device that acts as a switch based on power or no power.

So I went down this path.  I used one of my 4.5 wall wort 4.5 supplies and =
soldered in.  This does supply power without batteries but actually does no=
t turn on the ghost with just presence of power.  I still need to close the=
 circuit with either the built in motion sensor(poor) or push the external =
mountable button.  I am back to my original desire; wish there was a standa=
rd 110 wall plugin relay switch.  Technically I there is probably a more co=
rrect definition (name) for that.

Now that I have cracked the case and brought out the solder, I might as wel=
l solder in a solid state relay. =20

Anyway thanks for the suggestions.

On Sunday, October 12, 2014 8:11:09 AM UTC-7, Pat wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Oct 2014 08:22:24 -0400, Pat <pat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>=20
>=20
>=20
> >On Sat, 11 Oct 2014 13:48:17 -0700 (PDT), Joseph Shook
>=20
> ><joeshook@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>=20
> >
>=20
> >>On Saturday, October 11, 2014 1:24:47 PM UTC-7, Pat wrote:
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
ssentially a relay plugged into an outlet.  When there is power the contact=
s are closed.  When there is not power the contacts are open.
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>I have an front porch motion sensor light.  I have a screw in outlet so=
 I have power access.  I then have a ghost that can be activated via a swit=
ch.  So I want a product that can be plugged into the outlet.  When the lig=
ht comes on the switch is closed, the ghost turns on.  I do not want to wir=
e up 110 to a relay.  The only wiring I want to do it to the switch that is=
 exposed from the battery powered ghost.