Smarthome Manager Plus

I've been using Smarthome Manager Plus and the 1132cu modules for years.
About 6 months ago, I started getting the following message in a small
window, after giving the download command:
   "SHUtils.dll missing - cannot download tree
   However, the instructions will be downloaded"
If I click on OK, it finishes and the download was successful. I looked
in the c:\program files (x86)\smarthome\smarthome manager directory and
there was a SHUtils1.dll file, but no SHUtils.dll file. So, I renamed
the file to eliminate the 1 character and tried again. It worked. The
next time I got the same message. This time both files were in the
smarthome manager directory. BTW, this is installed under W7 and it used
to always come up asking if I wanted smarthome to make changes to my
computer. A yes, and all was fine. Now I don't get that; it just opens,
but gives the error when trying to download. I know this program is not
directly compatible with W7, however, using the install features of W7,
which allow XP programs to run under W7, it said it was ok. And, as I
said, has worked perfectly for years. Any ideas? Thanks.