Re: Smarthome Manager Plus

On Sat, 04 Oct 2014 15:26:59 -0400, Art Todesco <actodesco@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>I've been using Smarthome Manager Plus and the 1132cu modules for years.
>About 6 months ago, I started getting the following message in a small
>window, after giving the download command:
>   "SHUtils.dll missing - cannot download tree
>   However, the instructions will be downloaded"
>If I click on OK, it finishes and the download was successful. I looked
>in the c:\program files (x86)\smarthome\smarthome manager directory and
>there was a SHUtils1.dll file, but no SHUtils.dll file. So, I renamed
>the file to eliminate the 1 character and tried again. It worked. The
>next time I got the same message. This time both files were in the
>smarthome manager directory. BTW, this is installed under W7 and it used
>to always come up asking if I wanted smarthome to make changes to my
>computer. A yes, and all was fine. Now I don't get that; it just opens,
>but gives the error when trying to download. I know this program is not
>directly compatible with W7, however, using the install features of W7,
>which allow XP programs to run under W7, it said it was ok. And, as I
>said, has worked perfectly for years. Any ideas? Thanks.

Mine continues to work well under Windows 7 x64 with all the latest
updates.  My dll has the 1 in it (ie, SHUtils1.dll).  It is dated
3/8/2004 1:51pm and its size is 451KB.  I never had any of the pop-ups
you mention, but I run as an administrator and am not using UAC.  A
while back, I figured out a lot of the 1132cu protocol and wrote my
own code to perform a lot of the functions.  However, I never figured
out how to download so I still use Smarthome Manager Plus for that. It
only gets used a few times per year, but it always seems to work.

Pat