Re: Automating radiator control - Electronic TRVs

Op zondag 17 april 2011 12:01:36 UTC+2 schreef Peter Theobald:
> Hi everyone,
> I'm new to this group but i've been lurking around looking at home automa=
tion for a while. I want to build a system to automate the heating control =
in my flat (uk btw) but I can't find a good solution especially if I want t=
o keep the cost down.
> Currently I have 4 rooms with 4 water filled radiators connected to a gas=
 boiler. Each one has a normal wax/liquid filled TRV and it works pretty we=
ll. I want to change this so I can control the state of each TRV remotely, =
i.e. with a computer control so I can heat the bedroom up later on in the e=
vening and the morning, but have the living room warm only when I get home =
from work and then cool down when i'm asleep. Are there any products on the=
 market that can be retrofitted to my existing radiators? I've seen the z w=
ave products from danfoss which look reasonably priced, but the control uni=
ts look expensive and i'm not convinced radio comms is going to be reliable=
. Also, has anyone got any experience of doing this to a house?
> Regards
> Pete

Hi Pete,

I need the same configuration.
I haven't bought yet but I'm thinking of openHAB on a raspberry with FS20 R=
F thermostates  (Conrad).
Maybe I start with an FS20 controller but I like the flexibility of openHAB=
.

In the end I want to control my complete energy useage with my smartphone.
With openHAB I can do that.=20