Re: Testing 1 2 3 Anyone here for an x10 question?

On 12/29/2014 3:22 PM, Art Todesco wrote:
> As traffic on this NG has been slow, to say the least, I thought I'd ask
> a question about some x10 problems. I have an XPCR amplifier/repeater
> installed in my house near the breaker panel, with its own breaker. I
> use an 1132CU to control all my stuff. I think the XPCR is repeating the
> signals and colliding with other signals coming from the 1132, i.e. the
> 1132 sends several x10 commands sequentially, however they seem to
> collide with the repeated stuff from the XPCR. I've tried to put 1
> second delays in the 1132 to compensate, however, I still seem to get
> collisions. Example ... today the 1132 sent a "c14 on" to ring the chime
> module. The 1132 in monitor mode saw the command, however, the chime
> never sounded. Early this morning, it worked perfectly. Any ideas?
>
> ---

I have pretty much the same config running for years: 1132CU controller
with an XPCR at the breaker panel.  In addition, my 1132CU is plugged
into Jeff Volp's XTB booster.  Well over a dozen x10 lamp & appliance
modules littered throughout the house.  I don't have any delays in the
1132.  Never had any problem with collisions with this setup.

Almost all my reliability issues have been traced to signal strength,
not collisions.  Luckily I have access to an x10 signal meter.

Long ago, I did have a problem that was traced to a flaky TM751 RF
module.  It seemed to be occasionally belching out x10 signals to the
powerline.  Replacing that module cured the problem.