Re: TW523 no longer transmitting. Repairable? Any compatibility with CM11A?

In article <jr0jee$l1o$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
	"Bob F" <bobnospam@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I have a homebrew home control system that interfaces with a TW523 to the
> powerline for signals. Commands are sent to it using X10 controllers and it
> sends commands to devices (but not anymore).
>
> I have an HD11A, which I believe is the same as the CM11A. I don't expect it to
> work, but wonder if there is any chance that it can "emulate" a TW523.
>
> Or, has anyone every repaired a TW523 failure to send X10 signals over the
> powerline. The failing unit's LED still flashes as the signals are sent, but no
> signals are received by the devices it is trying to control. Advise as to how to
> repair this could save me some time.
>
> The Tw523 still receives X10 signals fine, and properly relays them on to the
> processor in the control system.

I have one which seemed to similarly stop working. It could still receive.
I moved it so it connects to the supply right near the consumer unit
(panel), and it seems to be working again OK. Don't know if it was due
reduction in transmit power, or if some new appliance is attenuating it
much more than it used to, but it now has a shorter mains signalling
path to most of the X10 switches. The TTL signal connection to the device
is now some 15m (50') over a chunky screened cable (used to be an RS232
VDU connection cable), but still seems to work OK.

--
Andrew Gabriel