TW523 no longer transmitting. Repairable? Any compatibility with CM11A?

I have a homebrew home control system that interfaces with a TW523 to the
powerline for signals. Commands are sent to it using X10 controllers and it
sends commands to devices (but not anymore).

I have an HD11A, which I believe is the same as the CM11A. I don't expect it to
work, but wonder if there is any chance that it can "emulate" a TW523.

Or, has anyone every repaired a TW523 failure to send X10 signals over the
powerline. The failing unit's LED still flashes as the signals are sent, but no
signals are received by the devices it is trying to control. Advise as to how to
repair this could save me some time.

The Tw523 still receives X10 signals fine, and properly relays them on to the
processor in the control system.