Re: How to use Liftmaster garage door IR safety sensors for other uses?

Bob F wrote:

>G. Morgan wrote:
>> Art Todesco wrote:

>>> It may be current change, but if you look way earlier in the thread,
>>> I put a scope across the pair.  There are pulses there, but when the
>>> beam is broken, they disappear.
>>
>> Did you try measuring current in both states?
>
>Or, does the LED driving voltage from the opener change, and how, if you
>disconnect the send from the circuit?

When the beam breaks, only one LED goes out on the receiver - correct?
Maybe the absence of the load changes the "safe state".  I think the
transmitter has the circuit set at a semi-precise current flow. If it
always has 6 volts and internal resistance/load that also stays constant
in a "safe state" - the logic board at the operator can always be
looking for a current range.  6V/50 ohms = 120ma, I'm proposing the
logic board is expecting to see 120ma +/- 10% (in this example) and a
break in a wire or beam will do the trick.