Re: X10 control via Internet?

On 2012-03-31, Rover <rover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Are there any X10 devices on the market that would allow remote control
> of X10 adapters through Internet that only requires the target adapters
> to be connected to some network router interface but not a running PC?

After reading quite a bit of advice here some time ago, I ended up
with a couple of Veras (http://micasaverde.com/). I'm using them to
control Z-wave devices at home and work. It supports X10 as well,
although I haven't tried that. It is reachable remotely via the web. I
often check on and control things in the house with an iphone app
(iVera). There's no PC running. The tiny Vera box does everything I
need and there are no fees for their online service to reach your own
box.

--
Larry Moss, http://www.airigami.com
PO Box 23523, Rochester, NY 14692, (585) 359-8695