Re: TV in a bathroom

"Cameo" <cameo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ir2j5g$chm$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I'm sure I am not alone with this "problem" and I wonder if anybody
> knows a good solution for it:
>
> There I am watching my favorite TV show and suddenly nature calls me to
> the bathroom. Now I'm going to miss the best part of the show because I
> don't have a TV in the bathroom and I don't really care for TiVo,
> either. So I wonder if there is some kind of inexpensive way to transmit
> the given picture and sound of that TV show without another (portable
> TV) set but with some other small gadget (smart phone?), perhaps via
> WiFi or somethin' ...
> This is probably not the best NG to ask this but I could not think of
> any better one.

Depends on what you consider inexpensive and what sort of TV you are using.
X-10 used to carry AV extenders that could take a audio/video out signal and
transmit it via UHF to a receiver that could decode it and put it out as
(IIRC) either RF (channel 3/4) or via RCA jacks as a composite signal.
Unless your setup has a video out, that might not work.  If it's off-the-air
HD, it won't work either.  Tell us more about your specific equipment and we
can offer better advice.

--
Bobby G.