Re: Google pushing Android for home automation

It's all those damn Canadian companies!

They have infiltrated most of your homes with Blackberries and now another
Canadian company wants to change the way you live in the privacy (maybe not)
of your own home.

Time to switch back  to Yahoo

...ooops... they're Canadian too!

-------------

"Evans Winner"  wrote in message news:86ips9mnnz.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxx

My apologies if this is not interesting or old news here.
I saw this today on Slashdot.  Apparently Google wants to
push the Android platform as a controller for home
automation.  A quote:

"With more than 400,000 Android devices being activated
worldwide every day and a global community of 450,000
independent Android software developers, Google hopes
appliance manufacturers will be willing to embed the
company's "Tungsten" control technology in their products,
and that consumers will be willing to spend the money to buy
Google's wireless control "bridge" that will connect
individual appliances to an Android device through a home
Wi-Fi network."

http://www.siliconvalley.com/ci_18239897?nclick_check=1