Re: fingerprint door looks

On 2011-04-29, Josepi <J.R.M> wrote:
> Fingerprint systems were installed on most laptops a few years back and were
> abandoned due to problems. Fingerprint dirt on the screen were one problem.
> I suspect a few locked out of their own laptop resulted in dropping the
> idea.

Thanks for the response. I see your point. The one I was looking at
(http://bit.ly/kjurpi) does have a keypad also so I'm not stuck if one
method of entry fails, but I agree, if the fingerprint scanner isn't going
to be reliable, it's not worth spending money on. I was hoping in the last
few years that the scanners have improved.

> I use Schlage keypad deadbolts and they work great! I tired some other
> brands (the ones with the four AA batteries) and what a piece of junk. New
> batteries required every 3-4 months. Need ones that do not do much mechanism
> moving (like the deadbolt) off the battery energy. The Schlage 9v battery
> last about 2-3 years so far.

This does look good. I see Schlage also has their LiNK systems that would
give me the user notification piece, but they're subscription-based. Is
there another similar setup that would notify me on my local network of
someone entering. From there, I can send my own notifications or act in any
different way I want, perhaps even turning on a light. I know there are
other ways of turning on a light, but I just like the idea of different
components being integrated (if it won't cost me a fortune).

--
Larry Moss, http://www.airigami.com
PO Box 23523, Rochester, NY 14692, (585) 359-8695