Insteon and other X10 alternatives?

I had an X10 set-up in a condo that I just moved out of. I'm now in a
house, and was thinking of doing an Insteon set-up. To my surprise,
when I search for the term "Insteon" in this group, there are no hits!

I'm curious how well Insteon works in the real world, and if there are
other alternatives I should be considering that go beyond X10.

Thanks!