Re: Main power Indicator

On Jun 10, 4:37=A0pm, "Robert L Bass" <rob...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Do you already have an auto-transfer switch?
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass
>
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> Bass Home Electronics
> 4883 Fallcrest Circle
> Sarasota, Florida 34233
> 941-870-2310www.basshome.com
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>
> "Firehousepinball" <mixinguin...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > Hey all, I would like to make a simple circuit that will power an LED
> > when I am being fed from the grid. This way I can tell at a glance
> > when I am running on backup power when the Grid returns. I have no
> > problem tapping into the main at the panel, and would possibly like to
> > add a relay to this as well to trigger an audible alert.
>
> > Are there any specifics that I should watch out for? I want this to be
> > safe.
>
> > Thanks

I do not, It would all be done manually.

Right now what I have planned is a 240V relay that will be wired to an
LED indicator to tell me when power is restored. This will also assist
me as I plan on integrating this into the security system and HA
system so I can know when power is restored while I am away.

There really isn't all that much wiring, a 240v relay wired in to a
small wall wart powering an LED. It will all be switched so that when
the generator is running, the relay will be active. Lucky I found a
240v relay here at work. That was the biggest concern, most relays I
come across are 12/24v.