Re: X10 PC Interface upgrade

"Art Todesco" <actodesco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:hu1t2j$l9d$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> CFLs seem to have problems with most modules because of the sensing
> current. I have 2 lamps with CFLs connected to one appliance module.
> When off, one of the lamps dimly flickers periodically from the
> sensing current ... funny, the other doesn't.  I think there are ways
> to modify the modules to remove the sensing current, but I'm not sure.
> I probably should use one of my modified Universal Modules for these
> lamps.  They are modified to bring out line voltage to a female
> connector on a short cord. The screw terminals were removed.

Hm, it looks like they still have a problem with that.

> As I said, I'll probably stay with XP on my laptop, to it can be used
> with the 1132.  I would like to find a cheap copy of the Manager Plus
> software to do some if/thens that I can't do now.  I refuse to pay SH
> for software for their crippled product unless they were to fix things
> .... which will never happen.

Well, that's what's been bothering me, too: their software was last
updated in 2004! Not a good recommendation for me. So I went ahead and
ordered a CM15A from ActiveHomes as that seems to be a more current
interface, including its software. I'll see if that works out for me.