Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

In article <hhjokd$275$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, The Daring Dufas wrote:
(with some editing by me to keep down characters-per-line)
>Don Klipstein wrote:
>> <hhi9g8$14k$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, The Daring Dufas wrote:

>>> I was thinking more along the lines of older apartment buildings in
>>> large cities, especially very old ones. The building may have its
>>> own transformer in the basement and if it was never updated since
>>> the 1920's or 1930's, there could be some problems caused by the
>>> asymmetrical loads.
>>
>>   CFLs are symmetric loads.
>>
>>  - Don Klipstein (don@xxxxxxxxx)
>
>They are? I didn't know that. I must search The Interweb for information
>unless you could please point me in the right direction. If I don't
>stand corrected, I'm not learning anything. 8-)

  As for a quickie here, inconvenient to resurrect the way my newsreader
and Google news archives work, is a cite in this thread to actual
oscilloscope traces of CFL current waveforms.

  Push me enough, I will make the time to repost the links - but allow me
a bit of time here...

 - Don Klipstein (don@xxxxxxxxx)