Re: Zicom- Wireless Smoke Detector System

"Josepi" <JRM@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> You obviously do not understand fire related deaths.

Apparently, he's not the only one.

>The victims never feel the fire.

 I'll bet the 100s of people that *burn* to death in fires every year would
have wished what you wrote was true and that they "never felt the fire."
I'll bet the EMT's and firemen who heard their dying screams wished that
they had never heard something as awful as another human being burning to
death, too.

http://www.utsouthwestern.edu/patientcare/healthlibrary/fire_safety_and_burns_-_injury_statistics_and_incidence_rates/0,,P02978,00.html

says that although the majority of home fire deaths are by smoke inhalation,
at least 30 percent of fire-related deaths and injuries are caused by burns.

I've seen that estimate vary wildly because "cause of death" statistics are
notoriously inaccurate.

http://www.usfa.dhs.gov/statistics/quickstats/index.shtm

says that over 3,000 Americans died in 2008 from fires.  So, if you *must*
talk to spammers, it might be better not to trivialize the horrific deaths
of hundreds
of people each year.

A good friend is a "firey" in Oz was a responder to one of the largest
forest-fire deaths in history, the Kinglake fires.  He told me that the
interviews of responders often had to be halted as men broke down recalling
the screams of people, especially young children, as the flames trapped and
consumed them.  This story recounts the horror:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/special-reports/from-the-air-its-like-armageddon/story-e6frf8zo-1111118794070

Yes, lots of people asphyxiate without ever feeling flames, but far too many
people yearly burn to death, quite aware that's how they are dying.

Read nearly any of the articles that appear with this search:

http://www.google.com/search?q=burn+survivor

and you'll probably never write the words "the victims never feel the fire"
again.

--
Bobby G.