Re: New Fridge - setting up monitoring

<mkirsch1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:84c3cb8c-8992-4525-b7f0-72c3510dfca8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Aug 5, 6:24 am, "Robert Green" <robert_green1...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> <trad...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> <<Yes. And I've always been able to spot a fridge failure without a
> dozen sensors monitoring my fridge. After all, it's a fridge not a
> Boeing 777.>>
>
> Even when you're traveling and away from the house? How do you do that?

<What good does knowing do when you're away from the house? All that
does is make you worry and ruin your vacation.>

Well, I can have someone go and check to see what's wrong for one thing.
YMMV, but if I was away and kept seeing news reports of the electricity
being out in 100,000s of home in my area (as just happened in the DC area -
thousands are still without power 5 days after the storms) it would be
*very* comforting to know that my house still had power and I had nothing to
worry about.  The exact opposite of the situation you've envisioned.

--
Bobby G.